Unlike a traditional steam sauna, an infrared sauna uses infrared heaters to emit infrared light experienced as radiant heat which is absorbed by the surface of the skin.
The sun produces a combination of visible and invisible light, and one of those invisible spectrums is infrared rays. Invisible infrared wavelengths are what makes the sun feel warm (and ultraviolet wavelengths are what makes it bright). Scientists have established that infrared waves are beneficial to the human body as they increase the thermal energy in the body. Infrared does this without any of the harmful rays of sunlight.
At Vivify, you will have a private sauna room, but the cabin can accommodate 2 people at one time if you wish to bring a guest. The temperature will reach up to 140 degrees and last up to 40 minutes. It may take several sessions to reach the full 40 mins. You can sit or lay on the bench and there is a location inside the cabin for your phone so it will not overheat if you wish to watch TV, listen to music, etc. Your infrared sauna session will also include chromotherapy, aka light therapy and will go through the spectrum allowing you to get the most out of your session. After your infrared sauna session you can opt to shower with amenities provided.
- Relieve Muscle Tension and Soreness
- Ease Joint Pain and Stiffness
- Improve Circulation
- Increased Metabolism
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Improves the Appearance of Cellulite
- Rejuvenate Skin
- Better Sleep
- Detoxify Your System
- Reduce Stress
- The idea behind infrared therapy is to heat your body directly with infrared heat. In a traditional sauna you are just sitting in a hot room, 180-220 degrees. In an infrared sauna, the infrared is heating your body directly and 20% of the heat is heating the air. The idea is to increase thermal energy in the body, so you want the infrared on your front core and your back core.
- The infrared heat increases thermal energy and temporarily stimulates your lymphatic system, immune system and your cardiovascular system. Your bodies response to that is to sweat profusely.
- In addition to the infrared heat triggering a profuse sweat, the water in our body also resonate with far infrared heat and this also helps with the detoxification process.
Infrared heat is completely safe, and all objects give off and receive infrared heat. In fact, it is so safe, hospitals use similar heaters to warm newborns. Infrared is a part of nature and essential for life.
Although you may sauna with clothing on, you will get the most benefit from your infrared session with minimal clothing and as much skin exposure as possible. If you choose to sauna with clothing, you will need to bring an extra set of clothing as by the end of your session they will be wet with sweat. No shoes of any kind are allowed in the sauna.
Since Infrared Sauna heats the objects in the space instead of the air like in traditional sauna, you will need to remove all jewelry before your session.
Our Sauna has a built in box that your phone will fit into with a window and keep it from overheating if you would like to listen to music or watch TV from your device.
Our sauna can accommodate two people at one time.
If you have just come from a workout or strenuous activity, we ask that you shower before entering the sauna. There is a private shower in the same room as the sauna available. You may also want to shower after your session as well, but it is not required. Towels and other amenities are provided.